HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Pregnancy Symptoms
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 am by Guest

» domki kaszuby basen
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 pm by Guest

» Medication Reference Guide
Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:40 pm by Guest

» cosmopolitan
Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 pm by Guest

» noclegi miedzyzdroje forum
Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:55 am by Guest

» Virtually as cut-price as files
Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:51 pm by Guest

» londyn pokoje do wynajecia
Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:58 am by Guest

» Phoenicians Medicine
Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» apartamenty feniks
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:48 am by Guest

Similar topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 75 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm
Top posters
Zephron
 
Forsaken Fury
 
Ender
 
Jaguaris
 
HanZo
 
Plaid02
 
neku13
 
~Dimentio~
 
Fyro
 
SmAsH.Man
 
Statistics
We have 45 registered users
The newest registered user is blayhay

Our users have posted a total of 1817 messages in 161 subjects
Vote! MKW top 100
Nintendo WiFi Alliance's Top 100 Mario Kart Wii Clans
Brawl Top 100
Nintendo WiFi Alliance's Top 100 Super Smash Bros Brawl Clans

Share | 
 

 Brawl+ codeset topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Plaid02
SSBB General
SSBB General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 106
Age : 24
Location : Minnesota
Friend Codes : 5198 2125 7297
Brawl Main :
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Brawl+ codeset topic   Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Ok, I'm going to try and put my Brawl+ codeset up here so people can play me online.

What do I do if I want to put a .gct file up here because my brother turned off Ocarina before I saved it as a .txt file. Does anyone know how to reload a .gct file onto ocarina either?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HanZo
Major
Major
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 176
Age : 23
Location : West Haverstraw NY
Friend Codes : 0559-6435-4878
Brawl Main :
Personality : Skilled
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:43 pm

idk...but plaid where do you dwnld Homebrew onto ur wii?

_________________
"The Fatal Guardians"

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisbrawl.com/profile/HanZo.ai
Plaid02
SSBB General
SSBB General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 106
Age : 24
Location : Minnesota
Friend Codes : 5198 2125 7297
Brawl Main :
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:22 pm

CJ, what does the "PW Merger code" do? It's at the top of the codeset lists, but I never understood what it did or noticed a difference when I turned it off...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuruKid
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 26
Location : Brooklyn, NY
Brawl Main :
Personality : optimistic
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 pm

Brawl + is awesome. In that I could actually MAIN the character I want (squirtle). Pretty much everything is more balanced as well.

If it were more popular tournament-wise, I'd stick with that rather than regular Brawl. In a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisbrawl.com/profile/GuruKid.ai
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 310
Age : 24
Location : Behind you.
Friend Codes : Brawl: 1934-2362-2797
Brawl Main :
Personality : Skilled
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 pm

I really dislike brawl+. (Okay... tell us WHY Zeph.) Fine!

My reasoning is that if you want to play something like melee, you play melee.
If you want to play brawl, you play brawl.

Just because the hitstun is lower doesnt mean there are no combos. Getting one good attack on an opponent, who is now helpless for a high amount of time, linked to other attacks, is the basic combo for you guys. Attacking many times before the opponent can do anything.

Brawl, the opponent now can react to the hit. I find it more impressive for a person to hit an opponent a multitude of times, while predicting his opponents actions, and continue to... own even though the opponent can move.

I just find it stupid people hacked a game just so they could do what they consider "actual combos". They both have combos in my eyes <__<

With that said, I will say that Brawl has a lot of unbalanced characters, but for me that gives me more of a challenge. I hate it sometimes, and if you really hate it, you have brawl+.

I have proven to Plaid that Brawl+ isn't completely "balanced."
I could beat him still with my Meta Knight, whom I never play. So guys, it isn't THAT much of an improvement. It just has more hitstun. Which can be good or bad depending on what type of fighting game you like.

I prefer Brawl, because I have to think moar.

_________________


"Politics are important. If you aren't Liberal by age 18, you're heartless. And if you aren't Conservative by age 30, you're an idiot."-My SS teacher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuruKid
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 26
Location : Brooklyn, NY
Brawl Main :
Personality : optimistic
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:46 pm

You make a good argument, Zeph, but the thing is... Regular brawl is such a defensive-minded game that a match can actually be nothing but camping and planking... even at high levels of play. And that gets boring fast...

Even though it's not perfect, Brawl+ encourages a more agressive style of play, and demands more use of reflexes and thinking, actually. Instead of "run away, use projectile/long-ranged attack" being the best answer to 90% of circumstances in regular brawl, Brawl+ encourages creative, on-the-spot answers to your opponent's moves.

And that quality right there makes for one hell of a fighting game.



Also, just wanted to point out; even though Brawl+ adds a significant amount of hitstun, the DI factor has also been increased, so you can still get out of like half of the moves. Just gotta DI properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisbrawl.com/profile/GuruKid.ai
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 310
Age : 24
Location : Behind you.
Friend Codes : Brawl: 1934-2362-2797
Brawl Main :
Personality : Skilled
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 pm

You make a great argument too.

In playing with Plaid, I found these to be both very intricate points. He is an avid supporter of Brawl+, and I am very much against it.

You are true, camping and planking have become quite common. I don't like it either.

However, characters like... Toon Link (I know him well) and Fox, and Captain Falcon, are now at the top of the "tier" list. Whatever it may be if someone actually bothers making one.

They, being the fact characters, will be top again. I don't know if I feel okay with that..
Every character is completely changed. Plaid found he can hookshot to side smash me no problem.

I just hate it how people call it pure skill to attack an almost completely helpess person after a good hit was taken. If people didn't give Brawl such a harsh tone, maybe I'd be more appreciative of Brawl+.

Either way, I have it, so I can mess around with it whenever I want. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't. We'll see.

_________________


"Politics are important. If you aren't Liberal by age 18, you're heartless. And if you aren't Conservative by age 30, you're an idiot."-My SS teacher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jage
Active Member
Active Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 54
Location : Finland
Friend Codes : 3781-1552-8783~Brawl
Brawl Main :
Personality : optimistic
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:01 am

I like regural Brawl more than Brawl+. Mainly because of the lack of hitstun. IF I find the PAL codeset for brawl+, I might play it when im bored... REALLY bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken Fury
MKW General
MKW General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 270
Age : 24
Location : The Big, Red, ONE and ONLY MAPLE LEAF!
Friend Codes : 1977-2102-9898
Brawl Main :
Personality : Creative
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:53 am

Omg, this should just turn into a debate. Face the facts, B+ will accomplish its goals, it already HAS had tournaments and players are starting to move to B+.

B+ allows others to make combos and makes the game a little more competitive and a bit more fun. I would know...I had B+ for along time and I've done well with C.F, Link, Ike, Falco and sadly no marth D=.
People choose B+ over vB because they simply must have enjoyed Melee alot and they consider it over Brawl. This is an option, so if you see others play B+, just leave it at that. Some point or another they will eventually get sick of B+ and go back to vB.

Nawoh....

@Guru: When did you get here?! =X xD

@Jage: There is a PAL codeset... Scroll down till you see Paprika Killer's post.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=30e2fdb4f55ed2be98f026e451acd2bc&t=220363

@Zeph: Not much to say..........Hiya.

@Plaid: The PW Merger code activates once you use the other merger code. (Spunit's Merger Code.) Its basically a package.

_________________

Others Below
[spoiler]
EPIC EH?! ^
▂▃▄▅▆▇ Jump Over me and Die!▇▆▅▄▃▂
~~~~~~~~~CJ = FF~~~~~~~~~~


My FILES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youfail.org
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 310
Age : 24
Location : Behind you.
Friend Codes : Brawl: 1934-2362-2797
Brawl Main :
Personality : Skilled
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:06 am

If you're gonna debate, first off you don't make what you say sound like fact Razz

Forsaken Fury wrote:
Face the facts, B+ will accomplish its goals, it already HAS had tournaments and players are starting to move to B+.

Not many tournaments, I've only heard of like 1. Many tournaments prevent brawl+ from being played.
Of course people are using brawl+, I have too. I don't like it. Thus I have stopped for the moment.
Some people like it some dont I guess. This isn't that suprising to me.

Forsaken Fury wrote:

B+ allows others to make combos and makes the game a little more competitive and a bit more fun. I would know...I had B+ for along time and I've done well with C.F, Link, Ike, Falco and sadly no marth D=.

It isn't fact that it's more fun for everyone who plays it. Obviously I don't enjoy brawl+.
I have had brawl+ for a bit too, and I play it with Plaid whenever I'm at his house. Of course you do well with those characters, they are the characters that did well in melee. BTW have you been playing comps or actual people? O_o

Forsaken Fury wrote:

People choose B+ over vB because they simply must have enjoyed Melee alot and they consider it over Brawl. This is an option, so if you see others play B+, just leave it at that. Some point or another they will eventually get sick of B+ and go back to vB.

Not saying Melee was a bad game, just saying whether people admit it or not, this is a melee v2.

As an option, I still use it from time to time. I just hate it how people consider it to be more skillful to do combos in brawl+. If you ever meet me, please refrain from saying such things.

Forsaken Fury wrote:

@Guru: When did you get here?! =X xD

I talked with Guru on AiB and he decided to visit for a bit. He's not going to be active, but he will visit and give us tips and such.

Forsaken Fury wrote:

@Zeph: Not much to say..........Hiya.

@Plaid: The PW Merger code activates once you use the other merger code. (Spunit's Merger Code.) Its basically a package.

Ohi CJ :3

Plaid is away on vacation but I'll be sure to tell him that.

_________________


"Politics are important. If you aren't Liberal by age 18, you're heartless. And if you aren't Conservative by age 30, you're an idiot."-My SS teacher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken Fury
MKW General
MKW General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 270
Age : 24
Location : The Big, Red, ONE and ONLY MAPLE LEAF!
Friend Codes : 1977-2102-9898
Brawl Main :
Personality : Creative
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:32 am

What the goose.
There have been several tournaments, if you want to hear more about it go the B+ chat and start an argument with them.

Obviously I have been playing against Players more than computers. But I got to say that B+ makes my computers beat the crap out of me. I use the computers as training dummies as always.

For Pete Sakes, B+ is NOT, I declare NOT Melee v2. For people who haven't really gotten to play B+ often and actively against the epic pros of B+ that makes you want to murder, certainly does not have the right to say its a "Melee v2".

AiB....It makes me cry that I can't register for it... Q_Q

Hi again Zeph. xD

o rly? kk.

Btw I did not quote because I would go over the word limit.... And we argue in this topic only. =D

Oh and for Epic Purposes.

_________________

Others Below
[spoiler]
EPIC EH?! ^
▂▃▄▅▆▇ Jump Over me and Die!▇▆▅▄▃▂
~~~~~~~~~CJ = FF~~~~~~~~~~


My FILES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youfail.org
GuruKid
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 26
Location : Brooklyn, NY
Brawl Main :
Personality : optimistic
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 pm

As much fun as Brawl+ is, there hasn't been a B+ tournament in my state at all. There was 1 in my region, but I had heard that tournament was poorly run...

But yeah... solo Squirtle + no fatigue x hitstun ^ L-cancel = One insane ninja turtle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisbrawl.com/profile/GuruKid.ai
Forsaken Fury
MKW General
MKW General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 270
Age : 24
Location : The Big, Red, ONE and ONLY MAPLE LEAF!
Friend Codes : 1977-2102-9898
Brawl Main :
Personality : Creative
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Its Codesets like B+ and codes like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsGm3XsBFmI&feature=related

that make hacking a bit popular. Tourneys are sadly not big because B+ is still new, just getting there slowly...oh and 4.0 is out. Both Wii and B+ Don't update.

_________________

Others Below
[spoiler]
EPIC EH?! ^
▂▃▄▅▆▇ Jump Over me and Die!▇▆▅▄▃▂
~~~~~~~~~CJ = FF~~~~~~~~~~


My FILES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youfail.org
Jaguaris
Silver Member
Silver Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 192
Personality : flexible
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:32 pm

"Cough" Wavedashing "Cough"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken Fury
MKW General
MKW General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 270
Age : 24
Location : The Big, Red, ONE and ONLY MAPLE LEAF!
Friend Codes : 1977-2102-9898
Brawl Main :
Personality : Creative
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:19 am

Wavedashing gets boring after while...thats why we Use The Master Extreme Code and GSC =D

Ok back to topic about B+.

_________________

Others Below
[spoiler]
EPIC EH?! ^
▂▃▄▅▆▇ Jump Over me and Die!▇▆▅▄▃▂
~~~~~~~~~CJ = FF~~~~~~~~~~


My FILES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youfail.org
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 310
Age : 24
Location : Behind you.
Friend Codes : Brawl: 1934-2362-2797
Brawl Main :
Personality : Skilled
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Forsaken Fury wrote:
What the goose.
There have been several tournaments, if you want to hear more about it go the B+ chat and start an argument with them.

If NY doesnt even have any that's not a good sign. NY is a huge brawl zone. I wont go to their chat just to argue... it's rude and rather pointless.

Forsaken Fury wrote:

Obviously I have been playing against Players more than computers. But I got to say that B+ makes my computers beat the crap out of me. I use the computers as training dummies as always.

Well, that's good, I guess. Computers have insane reaction time and a lvl 9 fox always give me headaches.

Forsaken Fury wrote:

For Pete Sakes, B+ is NOT, I declare NOT Melee v2. For people who haven't really gotten to play B+ often and actively against the epic pros of B+ that makes you want to murder, certainly does not have the right to say its a "Melee v2".

Whatever <_< It still seems like it to me since the tiers are going to be very similar to what they were before. Just adding a few more characters to the mix. I'm aware there are supposed "pros" at brawl+. Good for them. I've never heard of them. Nor do I care to, because I'm sure you'll list them right off for me.

Forsaken Fury wrote:

AiB....It makes me cry that I can't register for it... Q_Q

It's a brawl site. Not a brawl+ site. Make your own or join one.

Forsaken Fury wrote:
Hi again Zeph. xD

Hi again! :3

Forsaken Fury wrote:

o rly? kk.

Yeah he should be back soon.
Forsaken Fury wrote:

Btw I did not quote because I would go over the word limit.... And we argue in this topic only. =D


I did :3

_________________


"Politics are important. If you aren't Liberal by age 18, you're heartless. And if you aren't Conservative by age 30, you're an idiot."-My SS teacher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken Fury
MKW General
MKW General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 270
Age : 24
Location : The Big, Red, ONE and ONLY MAPLE LEAF!
Friend Codes : 1977-2102-9898
Brawl Main :
Personality : Creative
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:40 pm

WTF AGAIN?!

Doesn't matter half of the chat is afk or dead.


Computers LOVE B+ you can't deny that fact. When it comes to the point when I can't beat my own C.F its plain sad. I'm going to stop trying my hardest against computers otherwise they learn my gay moves.


Thanks for the idea....AND SCROLL!!!!

Spoiler:
 

I meant joining it just for Brawl, yeesh. Oh and btw some of AiB supports B+ so HA! But really AiB hates hotmail...D=

Sup Zeph, whatcha up to? =O

lolk, riiiiiiiiight.


I'm too lazy to quote =X




EDIT: Btw, its ordering from top to bottom as if it was a tier list.
EDIT 2: NVM, "Relationship" apparently.

_________________

Others Below
[spoiler]
EPIC EH?! ^
▂▃▄▅▆▇ Jump Over me and Die!▇▆▅▄▃▂
~~~~~~~~~CJ = FF~~~~~~~~~~


My FILES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youfail.org
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 310
Age : 24
Location : Behind you.
Friend Codes : Brawl: 1934-2362-2797
Brawl Main :
Personality : Skilled
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 am

Lucas should have a B for Gimp resistance. I've never gotten gimped unless I suicide. And that is very rare unless the lag is terrible.

And maybe a B for Endurance. I can last pretty darn long just by doing downairs.

And I don't know what they're talking about with an F for combo finisher. I can end combos real easy with one of Lucas's epic smashes. Oh well.


Nothing much CJ. And youz?

No rly. He should be back Saturday or Sunday.

Quoting for the win.

Kinda glad Lucas is rated well on tier list tho.

_________________


"Politics are important. If you aren't Liberal by age 18, you're heartless. And if you aren't Conservative by age 30, you're an idiot."-My SS teacher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken Fury
MKW General
MKW General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 270
Age : 24
Location : The Big, Red, ONE and ONLY MAPLE LEAF!
Friend Codes : 1977-2102-9898
Brawl Main :
Personality : Creative
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:50 am

what the goose, its all lucas ._____O

-skip-

-skip-

When they mean by combo finisher they mean as in those extremely long, insane combos that could them off the bat. They rate this by their latest beta. I have no idea about their beta number I just know that v4.0 was a huge success on their part.

Eatting breakfast, well...what are you doing today? xD

I bet he will be back on sunday, rly?

HA! You didn't quote that last one. (In your face!)

Lucas dies easily as if he could get killed by a Full Ike side smash when at 16% near the ledge.

_________________

Others Below
[spoiler]
EPIC EH?! ^
▂▃▄▅▆▇ Jump Over me and Die!▇▆▅▄▃▂
~~~~~~~~~CJ = FF~~~~~~~~~~


My FILES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youfail.org
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 310
Age : 24
Location : Behind you.
Friend Codes : Brawl: 1934-2362-2797
Brawl Main :
Personality : Skilled
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Forsaken Fury wrote:
what the goose, its all lucas ._____O
Lucas ftw.

Forsaken Fury wrote:

Eatting breakfast, well...what are you doing today? xD
Doing some HW and messing around. Thanks for asking! Are you getting a DSi tomorrow?

Forsaken Fury wrote:

I bet he will be back on sunday, rly?

Yup. Idk if he'll post though. He is always at church and stuff on Sunday.

Forsaken Fury wrote:

Lucas dies easily as if he could get killed by a Full Ike side smash when at 16% near the ledge.

... like half the roster does, man. Besides, when does that ever happen. OSHI-- *GAME!*


_________________


"Politics are important. If you aren't Liberal by age 18, you're heartless. And if you aren't Conservative by age 30, you're an idiot."-My SS teacher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken Fury
MKW General
MKW General
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 270
Age : 24
Location : The Big, Red, ONE and ONLY MAPLE LEAF!
Friend Codes : 1977-2102-9898
Brawl Main :
Personality : Creative
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:53 pm

-End-

No, I'm getting my ps3 fixed next week, I heard your getting a DSi tomorrow though? Whats the word? xD

KK, must suck to go to church EVERY sunday.

Quite a bit actually.

_________________

Others Below
[spoiler]
EPIC EH?! ^
▂▃▄▅▆▇ Jump Over me and Die!▇▆▅▄▃▂
~~~~~~~~~CJ = FF~~~~~~~~~~


My FILES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youfail.org
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brawl+ codeset topic   

Back to top Go down
 
Brawl+ codeset topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The order of Posts in a topic; ascending or descending? That is the question !
» On the topic of being responsible as we celebrate the season...
» F1 Winter Testing Topic
» Write-Up: Paint Job
» Which to buy 2nd hand?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SP: Smash Planet :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: